- Nominal Input Level: -20 dBu
- Input Impedance: 1 M ohm
- Nominal Output Level: -20 dBu
- Output Impedance: 1 K ohm
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10 K ohms or greater
- Bypass: Buffered bypass
- Controls: MODE knob, TOP knob, BODY knob, REVERB/LEVEL knob, Pedal switch
- Indicator: CHECK indicator (Used for indication of check battery)
- Connectors: INPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type, OUTPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type, G.AMP OUT(Guitar Amp Out) jack: 1/4-inch phone type, DC IN jack
- Power Supply: Alkaline battery (9V, 6LR61), AC adaptor (PSA series: sold separately)
- Current Draw: 50 mA
- Expected battery life under continuous use: Alkaline: Approx. 8 hours *These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.
- Accessories: Owner's manual, Leaflet ("USING THE UNIT SAFELY," "IMPORTANT NOTES," and "Information"), Alkaline battery (9V, 6LR61)
- Optional: AC adaptor: PSA series
- Size: Width*Depth*Height 73mm*129mm*59mm
- Weight: 425g
ADVANCED ELECTRIC-TO-ACOUSTIC GUITAR MODELING
BOSS is pleased to offer another “Authentic BOSS” Compact Pedal; the AC-3. How many times have you been onstage or in the studio with your electric guitar, and wished that you’d brought an acoustic along? For musicians who travel light, hauling an extra guitar to the gig isn’t always the most attractive option. BOSS AC-3 to the rescue! This new-generation compact pedal employs COSM modeling technology to transform any electric guitar into a variety of beautiful acoustic guitars.
- BOSS’s most advanced acoustic-guitar modeling in a compact pedal
- Four simulation modes: Standard, Jumbo, Enhanced, and Piezo-equipped
- Top and Body knobs for fine-tuning the virtual-body resonance
- Built-in reverb, optimized for acoustic-guitar simulation
- BOSS five-year warranty
BOSS’s COSM Acoustic-Modeling technology is beautifully showcased in this small but powerful pedal, which simulates an acoustic guitar much more precisely and realistically than previous technology allowed. Derived from BOSS top-of-the-line AD-8, the AC-3 simulates the sound of an acoustic guitar with incredible precision. Four simulation modes are provided: Standard, Jumbo, Enhanced, and Piezo-equipped; the latter supplies that famous “cut through the mix” direct piezo sound. Previous compact acoustic-guitar modeling-pedals were promising, but now the bar has been raised with AC-3.
Top and Body controls are provided for shaping the characteristics of the four acoustic models. Create the perfect acoustic-guitar sound quickly and easily with simple knob twists.
Add depth and sweetness to the sound with the AC-3’s built in digital reverb. It’s like getting two pedals in one!
Versatile Output Paths
Two sets of outputs are provided for connecting the AC-3 to a standard guitar amp and to a direct input device such as a PA, recorder.